Agenda for Meeting on Tuesday, 28th March 2023, 7.30pm, at Rawdon Community Library
1. 1.1 Apologies
1.2 Minutes & Matters Arising from Meeting Tuesday 31st January 2023.
1.3 Open Forum: Attendees can raise any local issues/concerns not on Agenda.
2. Finance & Membership: Position of Treasurer – vacancy.
3. Planning Applications: You can find planning applications in the press or using the link below and then using the planning map – which highlights current applications: Find Leeds City Council Planning website, go to Public Access site or Use this link: http://planningapplications.leeds.gov.uk/publicaccess/tdc/DcApplication/application_searchform.asp
22/06758/FU | Alterations to form new shop front | 65 High Street Yeadon Leeds LS19 7SP This is the former Victorian shopfront that was replaced last year without planning permission and was subject to enforcement measures. The owner is trying to avoid the required replacement by making a new application. Refused 25th November 2022.
22/06130/FU | Change of use and alterations to clock tower to form one residential unit | Clock Tower High Royds Fold Menston Leeds LS29 6GW
22/06242/FU | Demolition of existing buildings and erection of a food store with associated access, parking, servicing area and landscaping | Haworth Lane Yeadon Leeds LS19 This is the new Lidl store proposal. Approved 24.3.23
7EN3.2 Proposal to install a communications base station (telecomms mast) on a piece of land between the Sainsbury’s at the top of Apperley Lane and the JCT roundabout.
Hawksworth Quarry Odda Lane Hawksworth 21/07664 Leeds LS20 8NZ Description Variation of condition numbers 18 and 20 of planning permission 28/96/93/FU to allow for the recycling of waste as part of the quarry restoration scheme and the increase of the amount of waste to be stored on site from 500 tonnes to 30,000 tonnes. The Planning Inspectorate has received the above appeal against the refusal on 31st Mar. 2022.
4. Micklefield House update.
5. Leeds Local Plan 2040 consultation
6. Congestion, Pollution & Transport
6.1 Imagine an Excellent Bus Service for Leeds – Leeds Civic Trust Competition.
6.2 Bus Service 966 update
6.3 F.O.I. Request on Cycle track use
6.4 Apperley Lane Pedestrian Crossing & Park Road Concerns
6.5 Government Pothole money for Leeds
6.6 SCOOT system of traffic control on A65
7. Spring Litter Pick: Is anyone able to take this on?
8. Reports & Information:
8.1 Police Community Meeting
8.2 Chair’s meeting with MP Stuart Andrew
8.3 Councillor News
10. Date of next meetings: All 7.30pm at Rawdon Community Library:
NB THURSDAY The Miracle of Bird Migration
27 April Linda Jenkinson, founder of Start Birding Leeds, gives a fascinating talk on bird migration at this time of year.
Tuesday 30th May 2023 Community Meeting (all welcome) – to discuss issues of local interest.